Bicycle Racks Rules on PVTA Buses
- Two-wheeled bikes only.
- No motorized bikes.
- Cyclists MUST load and unload their own bike. For safety reasons, the bus driver cannot assist in loading or unloading a bike.
- No child carrier seats or tandem bikes permitted.
- Bikes cannot be locked while on bike rack.
- Customers use the PVTA racks at their own risk. PVTA assumes no responsibility for bikes that are lost, stolen, damaged or left on racks.
- Never step onto the street side of the bus when loading or unloading your bike. The bus operator may not see you if you approach and load from left side of the bus.
- Remember to let the bus operator know when you plan to load or unload your bike.
- Be ready at the bus stop. If you plan to remove anything from your bike, do so before the bus arrives at the stop.
- Load your bike as quickly as possible.
- Be considerate of the passengers on board.
- Do not bring your bike inside the bus if the rack is full. Only folding bikes are allowed on a bus in the folded position.
- Racks are available during hours of operation on a first-come, first-served basis.
Watch our video about how to use the bike rack.