Customer Service Analysis Reports and Service Changes
Title VI Documents
PVTA must produce documents in order to comply with federal Title VI requirements. Below are documents related to these federal compliance requirements.
- Title VI Program Plan
- Click here to download a ZIP file of the Title VI Appendices
- Public Participation Plan
- Major Service Change, Disparate Impact, and Disproportionate Burden Policies
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
Certain high-ridership corridors in the PVTA service area have been identified as having potential for upgrades into what is called Bus Rapid Transit, or BRT. These upgrades could include special branding, off-board fare collection, all-door boarding, and (where possible) bus-only lanes, in addition to other features. The following studies have been undertaken to evaluate the potential for BRT on these corridors:
- State Street BRT Study
- Route 9 BRT Study (forthcoming)
For more information on BRT, please visit the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy.
PVTA strives to assure that all fare or service changes are fair and equitable, and that they comply with applicable federal civil rights laws. Following are recent equity analyses performed to achieve these goals.
- FY 2019 PVTA Fare Impact Study
- PRELIMINARY PVTA FY2019 Service Equity Analysis
- 2018 Fare Equity Analysis
- FY2018 Title VI Service Equity Analysis 12/19/17
- Equity Analysis for Municipally Operated Senior Van Service in the Towns of Longmeadow, East Longmeadow, and Hampden 2/16/17
- Northampton Senior Van Service Fare and Service Equity Analysis 10/18/16
- Fast Break “Smart Card” Program Fare Equity Analysis (Update) 12/06/16
- Title VI Fare Equity Analysis 04/12/12
PVTA Customer Surveys
PVTA undertakes regular surveys of our customers to ensure we are running the best service possible. Below are the results of recent customer surveys.
Transit Asset Management Plan
PVTA is required by the Federal Transit Administration to develop a plan to inventory and maintain the agency’s assets. Pursuant to this requirement, PVTA has developed a Transit Asset Management Plan.