Customer Service Analysis Reports and Service Changes
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
The Pioneer Valley Transit Authority (PVTA) has identified the State Street corridor as a prime opportunity to introduce Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) as a new transit service for the Springfield region. The 7.1 mile corridor is a major east-west connector in the City and one of the most heavily traveled bus routes in the PVTA system, with more than 5,000 riders a day. A recent comprehensive study proposed developing a BRT route along this corridor. This route would be the first such service (outside of the Metro Boston area) in Massachusetts and will provide increased service frequency, shorter travel times, improved stop amenities and new economic development opportunities.
Click here to read the details...
PVTA strives to assure that all fare or service changes are fair and equitable, and that they comply with applicable federal civil rights laws. Following are recent equity analyses performed to achieve these goals.
- FY2018 Title VI Service Equity Analysis 12/19/17
- Equity Analysis for Municipally Operated Senior Van Service in the Towns of Longmeadow, East Longmeadow, and Hampden 2/16/17
- Northampton Senior Van Service Fare and Service Equity Analysis 10/18/16
- Fast Break “Smart Card” Program Fare Equity Analysis (Update) 12/06/16
- Title VI Fare Equity Analysis 04/12/12
PVTA Customer Surveys
PVTA undertakes regular surveys of our customers to ensure we are running the best service possible. Below are the results of recent customer surveys.